Work with us
Join our team at Life Opportunities Trust!
We are seeking Support Workers at our residential homes in Hertfordshire, Hounslow and Central London. Life Opportunities Trust is a charity offering high quality care and support with housing to adults with disabilities. Our aim is to empower service users and encourage them to lead a full and active life.
Role of a Support Worker:
As a Support Worker you will provide an outstanding level of care to individuals with learning disabilities as well as some with physical disabilities in a supported living, residential or outreach setting.
As a Support Worker your duties will include:
- Helping service users to make decisions and develop their skills
- Providing care as appropriate – helping to arrange trips, outings and holidays
- Completing domestic tasks such as preparing meals, cleaning and laundry
- Administering medication and maintaining records
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary of £9.00 per hour
- Extensive training and development package, including induction and ongoing training (gain Level 3 in social care if you don’t already hold this)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employees Assistance Programme
- Paid holidays and paid enhanced DBS check
- Refer a friend scheme
- Potential to specialise in your interest area
As a Support Worker you will be working a 37.5 hour flexible rota over 7 days including every second weekend. Night shifts will generally be 40 hours over 4 shifts.
What knowledge and experience should you have?
We are looking for Support Workers with plenty of positive energy, prepared to go the extra mile to deliver outstanding care, share our values and can demonstrate commitment. If you’re an experienced Support Worker then we would love to hear from you. However, no experience is necessary as we employ support workers based on their attitude and commitment to the people we support and full training will be given. You will also need to be over 18 years old with a full driving licence to be able to take the service users out and about in our company cars.
We have vacancies for a number of support workers to join our team and deliver high quality care to individuals throughout Abbots Langley, West Drayton, Hounslow, Yiewsley, Welwyn Garden City, Hoddesdon, Watford, Hayes, Hillingdon and Central London.
All roles are subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
How to apply:
If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity where you can make a lasting difference to the service users that reside with us and you have the compassion and determination to help people with disabilities achieve their aspirations then we would love to hear from you.
To register your interest in this role and to request an application form please email the recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with Life Opportunities Trust.
If you would like any further information please call us on 01923 299770.